What causes couperose ?
Couperose or rosacea skin is caused by blood vessels that have been weakened and that expand and dilate in response to various triggers such as:
- Sun exposure
- Medical conditions such as high blood pressure
- Extreme temperatures
- Alcohol and cigarettes
- Hot and spicy food and drink
- Hereditary pre-disposition
- Some skincare products
A simple, natural way to Treat Couperose (Rosacea) Skin
- Create a simple, natural skincare plan to cleanse, soothe and protect the skin without drying or irritating it. See our suggestion below.
- Reduce your exposure to the triggers mentioned above
- Adopt a healthy diet by eating more fruit and vegetables, especially those high in bioflavonoids. If your lifestyle makes it difficult to ensure you get your 5-A-Day EVERY day we can supply you with certified organic wholefood nutrionals that make a convenient and cost-effective way to increase your daily intake of nutrients
- Use makeup sparingly and choose natural mineral-based cosmetics that do not contain bismuth oxychloride which up to 75% of women are allergic to.
A Simple Natural Skincare Plan to help treat Couperose (Rosacea) Skin
- Cleanser. Look for ingredients such as chamomile and witch hazel for their anti-inflammatory properties and ability to soothe delicate skin tissue.
- Skin conditioner. The miessence soothing skin conditioner is a gentle infusion containing organic st john's wort and horsechestnut and essential oils like carrot and chamomile that are known to help calm and soothe skin.
- Moisturiser. Because dryness and couperose are intertwined it is crucial that you apply a moisturiser to regularly hydrate your skin. Choose soothing cream formulas that contain calendula, St John's Wort, and Horse Chestnut. As well as hydration the aim is to shrink dilated bood vessels but patience is needed because it can take several weeks to see any results.
- Specific Couperose Treatment. Special treatments designed for couperose skin can also decrease sensitivity, irritation and redness and also help to strengthen capillaries. Miessence certified organic soothing couperose gel is an intense concentration of ultra-soothing botanical extracts that help strengthen weak capillaries and shrink dilated blood vessels.
- Sunscreen. Sun exposure can exacerbate couperose symptoms so the application of a good-quality sunscreen every day will not only assist in any anti-ageing regimen you follow, but can also help to manage couperose symptoms as well as protecting against irritation, sunburn, damage and skin cancer. Miessence provide a sunscreen that uses natural minerals to protect your skin.
- Makeup. As mentioned above try and use cosmetics sparingly and always choose a natural mineral-based range that excludes bismuth oxychloride. Flushing and redness can be concealed using a foundation cream, concealer and foundation powder.
Shortlisted in the 2012 FreeFrom Skincare Awards.
Certified Organic Soothing Couperose Gel (30ml)
A strengthening treatment for sensitive couperose (rosacea) skin conditions that contains ultra-soothing organic plant extracts. The intense concentration of botanical extracts help to strengthen weak capillaries and shrink dilated blood vessels. The ingredients include Horse Chestnut to fortify and tone the skin, St John’s Wort to soothe, Chamomile to calm redness and astringent and toning Witch Hazel to help reduce a red blotchy appearance.
A highly effective treatment particularly when incorporated into a simple skincare plan that cleanses, soothes and protects skin without drying or irritating it. Suitable for both men and women.
TESTIMONIAL: "I am very pleased with the couperose gel, and will be ordering more when the time comes! You asked how I found out about the product... it was through a Google search. I had been typing in "thread veins/spider veins and your product was only found after typing in the word Couperose. If I was not a beauty therapist I would not know the meaning of the word, many members of the public would not find this wonderful product, and believe me I have used many over the years!" Janet from Hampshire
Miessence have a superb range of certified organic products that you might like to try as part of your natural skincare plan. The products that could be of particular benefit for managing rosacea are shown below.
By clicking on a 'Buy Now' button you will be taken to my online Miessence store from where you can shop securely.